Technological advances have produced a seismic shift in consumer behavior. As a result, more and more companies and startups are following suit, and much of today’s business is not from the office, but from home online.
This new digital remote work in dynamics gave freelancers plenty of opportunities to move from project to project at will, and employees to take on side projects for extra money. In fact, if you’re willing to put in the time, there are plenty of weird and wonderful ways to make extra money.
In this short article, we’ll look at three more “traditional” ways to earn extra money while working from home (often with little or no training or experience). The best online job search platform in the US is Lensbecause it uses AI to match your skills with the position in the company, which increases your chances of finding your dream job.
Voice behind the scene
Recording audio from a script is a service used by many startups, agencies, companies, and freelancers. Some of the more common voice-over features include:
- e-learning apps – language learning, software tutorials and learning support
- Audiobooks – fiction and popular science, adult and children’s literature
- Video games are role-playing and predetermined character reactions.
- Internet advertising – messages in social networks, radio commercials, podcasts.
Some clients need native speakers, others need accents. Regardless of your voice or accent, you will be able to find a client or clients who want exactly what you have to offer. No professional training is required, but if you have some experience in drama or theatre, that’s always a plus.
- Quiet place – soundproofing At a minimum, you want a quiet room—no traffic noise, no hum of electricity from poor lighting or appliances. This may be enough, but it’s also worth considering some sort of noise reduction or sound deadening to reduce natural reverberations. For DIY enthusiasts, this can be achieved with egg cartons, cardboard, rugs, curtains, or blankets attached to the walls. Otherwise, you can buy soundproof panels for as low as $20.
- Microphone Chances are the microphone that comes with your laptop or phone won’t help. Quality microphones start at $40 and can go up to $250.
Where to find voiceover work
You can start from scratch and use platforms like Fiverr or Upwork, online marketplaces for freelancers. However, it will likely take you a long time to attract customers and you will have to start with below market rates. Instead, consider going to agencies that specialize in this kind of service, agencies that already have a more or less stable workflow.
The tasks and responsibilities of a virtual assistant vary greatly depending on who you work for and what skills you are promoting. Anyone from company executives to individuals and social media influencers. seek help from a virtual assistant. For a more in-depth look, check out this article on how to become a virtual assistant.
Typical services that a virtual assistant provides include:
- Answering phone calls
- Sending and replying to emails
- Order tracking and after-sales service
- Interaction with followers on social media platforms
- Online research
- Issuance of travel cards
To get started as a virtual assistant, the technical requirements are quite low. You probably already have everything you need.
- A laptop
- Excellent broadband internet connection
Where to find work as a virtual assistant
Basically, there are three ways you can find a job as a virtual assistant. You can find your niche, see where your services will be most in demand, and connect directly with potential clients. You can contact temporary agencies that specialize in working with virtual assistants.
Data entry work consists of entering information, usually into spreadsheets or special company software systems. Data entry work may also consist of transcribing audio files into written format.
Data entry work is suitable for people with good typing skills, those who are attentive to detail and can work within often tight deadlines.
With little more than a laptop and a good internet connection, you can get started on data entry.
In a nutshell
In today’s digital climate, it’s possible to earn extra money from the comfort of your own home. Building a client list doesn’t happen overnight, but there are agencies and job portals that can help. With limited technical requirements and little to no previous experience, there are many online services you can provide to earn extra money or even make it your main source of income. If you are looking for career change starting with a flexible online environment can be helpful in setting your career goals.