Whether you are a Frozen novice or a “Let it Go” fanatic, you’ll love these Frozen trivia questions and answers!
Our family has watched the Frozen movies more times than I can count. We’ve had sing-alongs, freeze competitions, and years of Elsa costumes for Halloween.
What’s NOT to love?
Sure, the music is catchy. But we also get to see Elsa and Anna…
- grow a relationship (that was nonexistent at the start)
- face their worst fears
- make mistakes and learn from them (Hello, Hans)
- venture into the unknown
- learn not to bottle feelings up
- and focus on the next right thing
Plus, as a mom of girls, I especially love that this unique kingdom is ruled by strong women. No one is waiting for a prince to save her (actually, it’s her sister who keeps saving Elsa!) And the women aren’t perfect either. They’ve got issues to work through. Which makes the movie even more endearing.
How to Play This Frozen Trivia
It’s time to test your knowledge!
- Split into two teams and ask these Frozen trivia questions to an individual from each team. (The person who answers first gets the point.)
- Or quiz a friend and see how many they can get right.
This is especially great for family night, at the dinner table, birthday parties, and get-togethers.
Who will be crowned the winner? Will the others have to let it go? Let’s find out!
Easy Frozen Trivia Questions
First, try this general knowledge Frozen Trivia that’s great for young kids or anyone who doesn’t know a lot about the movies.
1. Who are the two main characters in the movie?
Elsa and Anna
2. Finish the song lyric: Do you wanna build a ________?
3. What is the name of Elsa and Anna’s kingdom?
4. Which sister is the oldest?
5. When the trolls heal Anna as a child, what happens to her memories?
They become altered. She forgets that Elsa has magic.
6. Why does Elsa wear gloves?
To hide the fact that she has magical powers
7. Why does Elsa not use her magic at the start of the first movie?
She accidentally hurt Anna when they were young.
8. What are Elsa’s powers?
She can create and manipulate ice and snow.
9. How many black buttons does Olaf have?
10. Why is Elsa terrified of being crowned Queen?
She is afraid her people will find out about her powers and fear her.
11. Finish the sentence: “The cold never _________.
bothered me anyway!” – Elsa
12. What are Olaf’s first words in Frozen 1?
“Hi, I’m Olaf, and I like warm hugs.”
13. How did Elsa and Anna’s parents die?
In a shipwreck.
14. Finish Elsa’s line: “You can’t marry a man _______.”
you just met.
15. What is the name of the reindeer that Kristoff owns?
16. Finish the lyric by Anna: “For the first time in forever, I could be _______.”
noticed by someone.
17. What song does Elsa sing when she builds her ice palace?
Let it Go
18. Finish the lyric: “Let it go! Let it go! __________
Can’t hold it back anymore!” -Elsa
19. Who is the ruler of Arendelle?
20. What color are Anna’s eyes?
21. Who wakes the spirits in Frozen 2?
22. What are the Earth giants made of in Frozen 2?
Funny & Fun Frozen Trivia Questions
These frozen trivia questions will make you laugh while remembering all of Olaf’s antics.
23. Anna says that she and Hans finish each other’s _______.
24. In Frozen 1, when Olaf meets Kristoff, what does he call him?
Sven. (He also calls him a funky-looking donkey)
25. What is the giant snow monster’s name (that Elsa creates)?
26. What does Kristoff tell Anna that all men do?
Pick their noses. And eat it.
27. Who dances like an “agile peacock” and “a chicken with the face of a monkey.”
The Duke of Weselton
28. Finish this line of Olaf’s: “Hey, we were just talking about you! _______________.
All good things, all good things.”
29. Which song almost didn’t make it into the movie?
‘Do you wanna build a snowman?’
30. Finish this line of Olaf’s: “Oh, look at that. I’ve been ________
31. What does Olaf tell Anna when he sees Kristoff talking to rocks in Frozen 1?
He tells her to run. “Because I love you, Anna, I insist you run.” ― Olaf
32. Grand Pabbie says that there are two characteristics of magic. What are they?
Beauty and Danger
33. Which famous Hollywood actor told Ellen on The Ellen Show that he has watched Frozen so many times with his daughter?
Ryan Reynolds. (He seemed to have had enough, lol)
34. What is the name of the cute Salamander character in Frozen 2?
35. Who is Kristoff’s best friend in Frozen 1?
Sven (his reindeer)
36. How many salad plates do Elsa and Anna have?
37. What beloved Disney princess (from another movie) attends Elsa’s coronation?
38. What does Olaf dream of experiencing in Frozen 1?
39. What are the things that Olaf wants to experience in summer?
According to his song: kissable dandelion fuzz, a drink in your hand, burning sand, getting gorgeously tanned, a summer breeze, finding out what happens to solid water when it gets warm, being cooler, relaxing in the summer sun with a blue sky.
40. Finish the lyric: “Some people are worth ________.
melting for.” – Olaf
41. What is the name of the song that Kristoff sings in Frozen 1?
Reindeer Are Better Than People
42. What does Olaf use to pick the lock on the library door in Frozen 1?
His carrot nose.
43. When the king needs the trolls’ help to save Anna, what does he use to find them?
A Map in an ancient book on a shelf in the castle.
44. Finish Olaf’s line: “Oh, I love it! It’s so cute. It’s like a little baby ________
unicorn.” – Olaf.
45. Where does Elsa spend most of her time in the castle growing up?
In her room
46. On the way to the Enchanted Forest, which character starts a bizarre science trivia game that only he played?
47. How many times does Kristoff ask Anna to marry him?
48. What were they doing the first time he tried to propose?
Playing a game of charades.
49. What name does Olaf call out in Frozen 2, a person/being he doesn’t really know?
Frozen Characters Trivia Quiz
Next, these questions explore the many different kinds of characters in the movies.
50. Which character repeatedly says the line “conceal, don’t feel.”?
51. What are the names of Elsa and Anna’s parents?
King Agnarr (father) Queen Iduna (mother)
52. Was Hans on good terms with all his brothers?
No. Three of them pretended he did not exist for two years.
53. What is the name of the talking snowman Elsa creates with her superpowers?
54. Which group of creatures adopted and raised Kristoff?
The Rock Trolls
55. What is the name of the leader of the trolls who adopted Kristoff?
56. Who owns the Trading Post and Sauna featured in Frozen 1?
57. Who makes a living as an ice harvester?
58. Which character stays by Elsa’s side in the enchanted forest, after they meet in a raging fire?
59. Though Elsa is the character with magical powers in the movies, which character is always saving the day?
60. How old is Anna in the first movie?
18 years old
61. What are the names of the Duke of Weselton’s bodyguards in Frozen 1?
Erik and Francis
62. Which character does Anna fall in love with at first sight?
63. How many brothers does Hans have?
64. Where is Hans from?
The Southern Isles
65. Who does the Duke of Weselton call a monster?
66. Who are the five main characters of the Frozen movie?
Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff and Hans. (Six if you include Sven!)
67. According to Kristoff, what are the trolls experts in?
68. What is the name of the tribe that Anna and Elsa’s mother belonged to?
The Northuldra tribe
69. Who is the leader of the Northuldra tribe?
70. Who is the leader of the Arendelle soldiers (The Royal Guard) stuck in the Enchanted Forest?
General Mattias (also called Lieutenant Mattias)
71. What was Mattias’ sworn duty?
To protect Arendelle at all costs. (He was King Runeard’s lieutenant and Prince Agnarr’s official guard)
72. What is the name of the Northuldra reindeer lover who tried to help Kristoff propose in the Enchanted Forest in Frozen 2?
73. Who plays the voice of Elsa?
74. Who plays the voice of Anna?
More Frozen I Questions and Answers
What can end the winter? Love can!
75. What does Elsa create to play with Anna as children?
An ice rink
76. When Elsa accidentally hurt Anna as a child, where did she hit her with her ice magic?
77. How did Olaf come alive?
Elsa recreates him. (She also created him when they were kids)
78. Why was Elsa locked away at such a young age?
Her parents feared that her powers would be used for evil. They also locked her away so that she was unable to hurt anyone again.
79. What song does Anna sing when she thinks she’s falling in love with Hans?
Love is An Open Door?
80. What does Elsa create while she is singing Let It Go?
Her ice palace
81. Why does Elsa run away in Frozen 1?
Because her magical powers have been revealed.
82. What makes Elsa accidentally reveal he powers?
Anna wants to marry a man she just met (Hans). In the argument, Anna pulls off Elsa’s glove.
83. What does Elsa accidentally do before she leaves?
She sets off an eternal winter.
84. What does Anna purchase from Oaken’s trading post?
Winter clothes. (And carrots for Sven)
85. Who or what attacks Kristoff’s sleigh?
86. What does Anna throw at Kristoff as she tries to get him to take her up the North Mountain?
87. Where do Anna and Kristoff find Elsa?
In an ice palace on the North Mountain
88. What happens to Anna’s hair after being struck by Elsa in the ice palace?
It gradually turns white/silver.
89. Who escapes from Marshmallow with Anna and Kristoff?
90. What is the color of Elsa’s cape at her coronation?
91. Elsa’s coronation cape has a jewel on it that is what color?
92. What number in line is Hans for his throne?
13th in Line
93. How long did Elsa keep her powers concealed?
94. At what age does Elsa become queen of Arendelle?
She is crowned queen at 21 years old.
95. After Elsa accidentally hits Anna in the heart with her ice, Anna can only be saved by ______
an act of true love.
96. What does Olaf say love is?
Love is putting someone’s needs before your own.
97. Does Prince Hans kiss Anna?
98. Who saves Elsa from being struck by Hans’ sword?
99. Who freezes in Frozen 1?
100. If Anna is not saved by a kiss, what act of true love saves her?
When Anna sees Elsa about to be killed by Hans, she sacrifices her life to save her sister. This thaws the ice in her heart, and she returns to life.
101. What present does Anna give Kristoff at the end of Frozen 1?
A new sled/sleigh
102. What does Elsa give Olaf at the end of Frozen 1?
A perpetual snow flurry (a cloud over his head)
More Frozen II Questions and Answers
Next, enjoy these Frozen Trivia questions specific to the second movie.
103. In Frozen 2, what does Olaf fear greatly?
Change. (That nothing in life is permanent)
104. Who does the girls’ scarf belong to?
105. What does Elsa begin to hear, that no one else can hear?
A voice singing
106. Why do the people have to leave Arendelle?
The spirits have been awakened, and a mysterious supernatural attack occurs on Arendelle.
107. Who do the sisters leave in charge while they travel to the enchanted forest?
Grand Pabbie (the troll)
108. Who saved their father when he was a boy?
109. How long were the soldiers and tribal members trapped in the forest?
110. Where do Ana and Elsa find their parents’ ship?
Washed up on shore in the Enchanted Forest.
111. Where did the ship come from? And where were her parents heading?
It washed up from the Dark Sea. Their parents were searching for Ahtohallan, where they hoped to find answers about Elsa’s powers.
112. Every Arendellian ship is equipped with what?
A waterproof hatch
113. And what do they find in the waterproof hatch?
A map with a route.
114. What spirit do the giants represent?
115. What do Elsa and Anna find out about their grandfather in the movie?
That he lied to and betrayed the Northuldra.
116. What 4 spirits rule the Enchanted Forest?
Wind, Earth, Fire, and Water
117. When they first encounter the Enchanted Forest, what happens when Kristoff and Olaf tried to break through the mist?
They are knocked back.
118. Finish the lyric: “How do I follow you into ___________?
119. What is the name of the wind spirit?
120. What is the name of the water spirit that lives in the Dark Sea?
121. Who breaks the dam?
Anna, with the help of Mattias and the Earth Giants
118. Why does she break the dam?
In order to free the forest and restore peace to Arendelle. She is righting a wrong that was done by her grandfather.
119. Finish the lyric: “Then I’ll make the choice, To hear that voice, And do the _________?
next right thing
120. What is the name of the ancient river that Elsa journeys to in order to find answers?
121. What is the name of the song that Elsa sings while exploring the ice cave?
122. How does Elsa die In Frozen 2?
She “ventures too far” and is frozen in place.
123. How does Elsa come back to life in Frozen 2?
Before she is frozen, Elsa sends a message to Anna. Anna deduces that she must destroy the dam. When the water flows down the fjord, Elsa is freed and her powers return.
124. At the end of Frozen 2, what happens to the sisters?
Anna becomes queen of Arendelle and Elsa returns to the enchanted forest.
True or False Frozen Trivia Questions
Keep it simple with this true or false Froven trivia section.
125. Elsa and Anna both have special powers.
126. Prince Hans loves Anna.
127. King Runeard is the villain in Frozen 2
128. In real life, just like the movie, water has memory.
129. The group traveled north to get to the Enchanted Forest in Frozen 2.
130. The Song ‘Let It Go’ took only 1 day to write.
131. Anna says no to Kristoff’s proposal in Frozen 2.
132. Olaf has a permacoat frosting in Frozen 2 to keep from melting.
133. The spirits of the Enchanted forest are Friendly.
134. Elsa’s ice changes colors according to her emotions.
True. It’s blue when she is happy or neutral, yellow or amber when she is angry, and red when she is frightened.
135. Snowgies are Olaf’s children.
False. They are tiny, mischievous snowmen that Elsa created (They appear in the short film Frozen Fever)
Hard Frozen Trivia Quiz
Finally, die-hard fans might know the answers to these hard Frozen trivia questions.
136. Why does Elsa have powers?
A. Elsa was adopted.
B. Elsa’s powers were a gift from the trolls.
C. Elsa’s powers were a gift from the spirits of the Enchanted Forest as a reward for Iduna saving Prince Agnarr.
D. Elsa stole them.
Answer: C. They were a gift from the spirits of the Enchanted Forest
137. How many spirits are there in total?
There are five spirits.
138. What is the fifth spirit?
Elsa is the missing Fifth Spirit
139. How long did the first Frozen 1 take to make?
2 years. But really it’s 70 years. Walt Disney dreamed of producing it long ago.
140. How many years after Frozen 1 does the story of Frozen 2 take place in the movies?
A. 3 Years
B. 5 Years
C. 10 Years
D. 1 Year
Answer: A. Three Years
141. What popular Disney character makes a cameo appearance in Frozen as a stuffed animal?
Mickey Mouse is a stuffed toy in Oaken’s trading post.
142. Why are there flowers when Olaf dies in Frozen 2?
When Olaf dies, Gale (wind spirit) gathers it and adds purple flowers. If you remember, Olaf sniffs the purple flowers at the end of Frozen 1 when he first experiences warm weather.
143. What is the name of Elsa’s horse?
144. Frozen is based on which Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale?
The Snow Queen (which was also the original title of the movie)
145. Why is Olaf named Olaf?
It is meant to sound like “oh laugh” because he is the comical character in the movies. Olaf is also the name of a character in the 1997 Titanic film.
146. What is Hans’ last name?
147. How many Academy Awards did Frozen win?
The film won two Academy Awards. One for Best Animated Feature and one for Best Original Song (Let It Go).
148. Arandelle is inspired by which real-life country?
Norway (Norwegian city Arendal in Southern Norway)
149. Frozen was the first Disney film to be directed by _________.
a female (Jennifer Lee)
150. Which movie, Frozen 1 or Frozen 2, was more successful at the box office?
Frozen 2 ($1.450 billion worldwide, compared to the $1.280 billion from Frozen 1)