At the 15th week of pregnancy, the size of the fetus is about 10 cm and the weight is about 49.6 grams.
In the 15th week of pregnancy, the pregnant woman’s symptoms such as nausea disappear and the overall condition begins to improve. At this time, the fetus is already about 10 cm, about the size of an apple.
15 Weeks Pregnant
The first time to determine the sex of the fetus through ultrasound is the 15th week of pregnancy. Not only that, but the fetus’s arms and legs can grow and loosen its joints.
In the 15th week of pregnancy, the baby’s lungs begin to develop as they breathe in amniotic fluid. You can also taste some foods through your amniotic fluid.
Both eyes of the fetus are closed, but they are already able to detect light. Hearing her mother’s voice becomes indistinguishable. From this point on, the fetus will increase her weight, weighing about 49.6 grams.
At the 15th week of pregnancy, the skeleton of the fetus is not yet formed. However, the spine and its nerve endings are visible. Not only that, but you can also raise your neck and hands. In some cases, it can even be observed with a finger in its mouth.
What changes occur at 15 weeks of pregnancy?
- The biggest change that expectant mothers will experience at this point is that they feel better overall. Hormones are stabilized, which significantly relieves nausea and vomiting in early pregnancy .
- Thanks to the same hormonal action, the condition of the pregnant woman’s skin and hair begins to improve.
- If you have already given birth, your belly will begin to grow noticeably larger. But for women who are giving birth for the first time, at this point, the belly is still less noticeable.
- To prevent stretch marks, it is important to apply a moisturizing cream to the stomach and surrounding area. It is best to apply a cream specifically designed to prevent stretch marks. It is also a good idea to apply lotion to your thighs and buttocks.
- In the 15th week of pregnancy, the weight of pregnant women tends to increase by about 312 grams. However, there are cases in which fluid retention or poor diet can lead to a much greater weight gain.
- As the fetus begins to taste food, experts recommend maintaining a healthy diet at home. This is the simplest way to create good habits for your baby.
- In pregnant women with weak veins, protruding veins and varicose veins are common. Genetic causes are strongest, but exercise and joint exercise can prevent this problem.
- The 15th week of pregnancy is prone to constipation. The cause is due to lack of exercise and intake of vitamin supplements such as hormones and iron. It is important to increase fiber intake and drink plenty of water to prevent constipation.
Healthy eating habits in women at 15 weeks of pregnancy
It is important to maintain a balanced diet during pregnancy. Women in the 15th week of pregnancy may experience increased anxiety and cravings for food.
Pregnant women should stay as stable as possible and eat foods that are not harmful to the fetus. Of course, that doesn’t mean you should ban chocolate or sweets from time to time.
Pregnant women at this time are most likely to lack energy. Therefore, it is important to eat foods high in carbohydrates, such as fruits and vegetables, especially green vegetables.
Cookies, bread, and complex carbohydrate foods can also make you feel less energetic because these foods are difficult to digest.
Protein intake is also very important. And pregnant women should be very careful when consuming fish. This is especially true for fish with high mercury content.
It’s best to ask your doctor what kind of fish you can eat during pregnancy. It is also important to take the vitamin supplements prescribed by your doctor every day.
What to watch out for in the 15th week of pregnancy
- Get enough rest. The 15th week of pregnancy is the time when pregnant women begin to feel refreshed. Therefore, there are women who overlook the need for rest. Pregnant women should sleep 8 hours a day. Also, you should get adequate rest during the day according to your activity level.
- Exercise is the best way to relieve discomfort during pregnancy. It is also very helpful in preparing for childbirth. Exercises that can help you relax, such as yoga, are the best. Or it’s good to do some light exercise.
- Enjoy the moment. Talk to the fetus in your womb and fully enjoy the feeling of being connected. This will help you be more prepared for childbirth as well as future parenthood.
It is never easy for a pregnant woman to properly take care of herself and her fetus. However, as long as you do not overdo it, it is better to try to enjoy every opportunity as much as possible.